- Comments: 7 |
- Votes: 9
CBS News 29d agoStocks extended their rise on Friday, with the Dow joining the S&P 500 in record terrain amid growing investor expectations of a cut in the Federal Reserve's benchmark interest rate. The Dow rose 131 points, or 0.5%, to 26,884 in morning trade, topping the blue-chip index's previous record close of 26,828 on October 3, 2018, before later retreating beneath that level. The broader S&P 500 reached a new peak on Thursday, with financial markets shrugging off concerns about slowing U.S. economic growth and mounting geopolitical tensions after Iran shot down an American spy drone. ... Read more
Results in this view: Y-best Ever 14% - Convince Me 0% - N-hyperbole 43% - N-crash Coming 43%
- Liberal billionaires publish letter asking to pay higher taxes. Should they?
- Congress debates reparations for blacks over slavery: would that make sense?
- Trump slaps 25% tariffs on China, says they're making America stronger. ...
- Socialist Sanders' tax returns show earned millions since 2016. ...
- Has globalization kept its promise to help all or mainly benefited the ...
- Bono at Davos: capitalism is a wild amoral beast that must be tamed. Agree?